Science paper attracts media attention
The recently published Science paper entitled "A Paramagnetic Bonding Mechanism in Strong Magnetic Fields" has received large media attention, also from the Norwegian popular press. We have collected some of these references here:
- Dagbladet: Her gjør atomene det "umulige"
- Nature: Stars draw atoms closer together
- ArsTechnica: New type of chemical bond may form in extreme magnetic fields of stars
- New Scientist: Chemical bond discovered that only exists in space
- Chemistry World: New type of chemical bond around dwarf stars
- Phys.Org: Chemists discover new type of molecular bond near white dwarf stars
- Slashdot: New Type of Chemical Bond Predicted To Exist In White Dwarfs
- Physics World: New chemical bonds possible in extreme magnetic fields
- Rektors blogg: Universitetet i Oslo: Hvite dverger overrasker
- Australian popular science: Unique chemical bond only seen in dwarf stars could make better computers
- SpectroscopyNow: Stellar effort: new chemical bond revealed
See also the Perspective Article Molecule Formation in Ultrahigh Magnetic Fields by Peter Schmelcher, published in the same issue of Science.